Our Story - From Hope Hall to Kings Road Church
The Christian Fellowship that has evolved into KRC as we now know it, really came into existence in 1870, although it was five years later that a specially planned building in Kings Road opened. A group of Christians met informally for prayer and worship in a small room in Castle Street. Their wish was to worship Christ as simply as possible, and with no tradition except what they perceived to be laid down in the New Testament. They gave great importance to remembering the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ in an unadorned, unstructured communion service. Their faith was tremendous - real and powerful, and this attracted others to join them so that they had to think of larger, more suitable premises, and so the church in Kings Road began.
There have been a number of changes over the years, the purchasie and renovating of Beulah Chapel in Kings Road has been a huge asset and is used mainly for Youth activities and smaller group meetings. A full time pastor and youth/Childrens worker are employed by the church.
In recent years. once the congregation out grew the building in Kings Road, services have taken place at Bridgewater School. In January 2011 we moved to the Civic Centre in Berkhamsted High Street. This has given the church a more central location